Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tattoo Barbie

I thought this little news story was pretty interesting because Meredith received a Tattoo Barbie for her birthday and I'm the one that suggested to her Grammy that she by it!  Anyway, I believe those that are commenting during this news story clearly hadn't seen the doll.  All I know is that it was pretty much the hit of the party and my little niece Cydnee really liked it!  Pretty much it's just a regular Barbie doll that has a little tattoo  machine thing that puts temporary tattoos on you or the doll or wherever.  I'm sure a lot of people are against temporary tattoos but I think my girls recognize or will recognize the difference between a temporary tattoo and a real tattoo by the time they are teenagers or old enough to get one.  It's not like there were skulls on these tattoos.  Really, what's the difference between these little stickers/temporary tattoos and face painting or make-up for that matter?  They all wash off.  Let me know your thoughts.


6 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

please, give me a break. Why don't people discuss poverty or something more newsworthy, huh!
I think she's cute!

Trish said...

What is America and our youth coming to making this trash! Next it will be piercing Barbie, and God only knows whats next. BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH I am so Just KIDDING!!! I have to agree with Leigh Ann. If these "MOMS" were as passionate about abortion, maybe we could do away with that instead of tatoo Barbie. It is ridiculus!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Okay, so I hate temporary tatoos, not because their not pretty, but I hate when they fade and they just don't come off. Anway, I am thinking that this is a very CUTE Barbie and so are her tatoos, Kaybrie is still too young to grasp this concept, but I really think Cyd might need this for her b-day!

Patrick said...

Becky and I are going out tonight to get tattoo's. I don't see anything wrong with them.

Roger Lightner said...

I think this is an abomination in the eyes of God and I can't believe that so called Christians are feeding the fires of hell by endorsing and even purchasing this crap. When Meredith gets a tatoo on her lower back of a naked woman riding a Harley Davidson, we'll see how you feel about it then. I'll let you guess whether I'm joking or not.

Jenn said...

I'm right there with you. I enjoyed temp tattoos as a kid and my girls love them too. You go girl! Write CNN and tell them how you feel......or maybe not. lol.