Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Michael's brush with fame

A few weeks ago Michael made the journey to Nashville for a conference for work. (I'm sure my loyal followers remember my bitterness in him being able to visit our good friends that live there.) Well, it was funny because before he left to go to Nashville he was teasing our music minister at our church telling him that he was going to try out for Steve Green, a very successful Christian music artist. Now I'm sure you know what's coming next but lo and behold on the plane on the way home from Nashville to Dallas was STEVE GREEN. Those of you that are not familiar with him, Steve has been nominated for 4 Grammys, won 7 Dove Awards, and has had 13 number one Christian songs with the most famous being "People need the Lord."  Steve Green has also performed for our church with the choir backing him up.  (Of course, either one of the girls or I was sick during that performance so I missed it - just my luck.) So, back to the story, Michael, being the shy person he is, happened to pass by Steve and his wife's seats on the plane and struck up a little conversation.  Michael's version of the story he told to our choir went like this, "Hi, aren't you Steve Green?  Steve replies that yes, he is and Michael tells him where he's from and our church and asks him if he knows our music minister, Keith and Steve replies, Keith who?"  Of course, the choir loved this version but the true version is that when Michael struck up a conversation with Mr. Green and his wife that when Michael told him the church he went to Steve immediately asked how Keith was doing and clearly remembered him.  So, below are Michael's pictures of Steve Green so I guess it's up to you all to determine whether we should believe him or not.  


5 comments:

Trish said...

His picture is funny! You know Steve is one of Keith's friends on FB. So, they must be tight...

The 4-Crows Blog said...

That is Great.....so kind of Michael not to draw attention to Steve on the plane by asking his wife to take a pic!

Jennifer said...

Actually Michael took the pic with his cel phone from two rows behind Steve and his wife.

Roger Lightner said...

I'd recognize the back of Steve Green's head anywhere so I know Michael is telling the truth.

Jenn said...

lol. This is about how close I get to taking famous peoples pictures. I always feel like they get enough people asking and I should just enjoy seeing them in person and not taking the pic. Anyway, I'm impressed that he talked to him! Good job Michael.