Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Meredith & Michael!




Well, today is my sweet husband and daughter's birthday.  Meredith turned 7 and Michael turned 33.  It's so hard for me to believe that my first born is now 7 years old.  That just sounds so much older to me then 6.  YIKES!  She's growing up.  We did Meredith's big birthday celebration on Saturday at a pizza restaurant in Lavaca called "Steffey's" and we had a great time.  (Michael's got a bad cold so I'm not sure about his great time but the rest of us enjoyed it.)  The kids got to make their own individual pizzas which was a fun experience for them all.  They even had a "pizza" cake for her.  I'm just glad it wasn't at my house because the kids really liked flouring the pizza dough, a lot.  We then celebrated Michael's birthday at his parents house later that evening.  A day full of partying for us!  We're so wild and crazy.

Last night after church Michael and I then took the Meredith and Alli to WalMart to get new bikes.  Alli didn't get a big gift from us for her birthday so this was her birthday gift as well.  She wasn't too interested in getting a new bike in October but now she's all about it.  Meredith picked out a cute pink bike (with no training wheels) with streamers and a little ladybug on the seat.  Alli picked out a purple Disney Princess bike which she is quite proud of.  However, Alli kept insisting to me today that since both of her training wheels didn't touch the ground at the exact same time that it was broken.  I kept assuring her that as she got older and bigger bikes that's they way they are made in order to get her used to riding without training wheels but she simply told me that I was wrong.

Also, please keep my mom in your prayers.  She had some pretty extensive foot surgery today to hopefully make it easier for her to get around.  My sweet college roomie and high school pal, Christy's husband Brad did the surgery so I know she was in good hands.  As far as I know, besides being sick to her stomach from the anesthesia she is home in bed and all went well. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Meredith & Michael!! I LOVE those bikes--can I borrow one sometime?

And, I'm shocked that you didn't stop your mom's surgery--you've met that doctor and he is a QUACK (your mom is seriously in my prayers).

Sisters said...

I love the cake!
AJL