Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun Times

I guess I'll just post about how exciting it's been here with sicknesses.  I've been waiting for something really "funny" and "amusing" to happen to post but I'm at a loss.  Anyway, starting last Thursday around midnight Alli started throwing up like a mad woman.  It was terrible and it was all night.  I finally just got a bowl and held it up to her and she would do her thing and then we would catnap until the next time.  She stopped vomiting sometime that morning, thank goodness, and then just ran a fever the rest of the day.  Believe it or not, I had actually won tickets to take the girls to a play in Fayetteville on Saturday but Aunt Becky was a trooper and took Meredith and Will to see the play instead.  Alli was a little disappointed about not going but wasn't too bad since she felt bad and understood the situation.  Sunday then came and went and both of the girls were fine.  Yea!  Well, then Monday came along and Alli started running a fever again.  UGH!  This time it was just a fever and just in the morning and she seemed fine yet again that afternoon and on Tuesday.  Next, Wednesday came along and took her to Mother's Day Out to make fudge with Miss Debe and she threw up and I had to pick her up after about an hour.  (Great so called Mother's Day Out, more like Mother's hour out).  When I picked her up she acted like she felt fine and even Linda, the Director, agreed and we thought she must have ate something that disagreed with her.  So, since Michael was heading out of town that afternoon and she felt fine we went to a Lewis' Diner here in town and I'm sure you know what I'm about to say.  We got her food and then she puked.  She hadn't even taken a bite.  I really think the single guy across the way from us was quite impressed with what he saw at lunchtime that day.  Thankfully, the sweet ladies that work there couldn't have been kinder and we cleaned her up and off we went.  Again, she acted like she felt fine after she did it as well.  So, we dropped Michael off at the airport and headed home where she's been fine ever since.  I guess the true test will be tomorrow at MDO since it seems to hit every other day.  

Oh yeah, did you see I mentioned Michael went out of town.  HE WENT TO NASHVILLE!  Yes, Nashville, where my good friend Trish had just moved to and where Michael's going to be able to eat dinner with her husband tonight.  I'm not jealous or anything!  He had to go for a training conference so I understand.  I'm really thinking there should be a "business" trip for stay at home moms sometime.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Amen sister! WE should start a stay at home mom's business trip society or something!!! You could count me in.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Hey, I think we do have "business" trips. To the bank, to the post office, to Wal-Mart.....I'm always doing business......Hope all is better today!

amy said...

that post could have been mine. family affliction with a hubby out of town. sorry, girl! hope y'all are better.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I just gave you a blog award. Check out my latest entry