Monday, September 17, 2007

Soccer & Teeth







Well, it's been an exciting week. Meredith had a soccer game last Tuesday night and Saturday morning and had fun at both games. You could tell the team was starting to come together a little more on Saturday since that was their second game. Meredith scored two goals in the first and three in the second I believe (but who's counting?). It was fun being back at the soccer fields watching games. Alli even enjoys going and cheering on her sister and her team, the "Gators". (I accidentally cheered for the crocodiles the first game and was promptly corrected.) I have included lots of pictures if you haven't noticed.

Last night a momentous even occurred at our household. I was in the office at the computer and Meredith comes out of her room with a concerned look on her face. I proceeded to ask her what was wrong and she said that she had a loose tooth from her ring pop. I then took a look at it and discovered that yes, it was indeed loose, but it was probably not as a result of the ring pop. I then exclaimed "You've got a loose tooth" and she then started crying (which was not the reaction I was expecting). I then, like any good mother would, suggested that she go show Daddy. Daddy then explained to her that the tooth fairy would come, etc. etc. and she then got excited and I piped in with "Let's call your grandparents" which she did which was pretty neat. I must say I was unexpectedly quite sad at this event (no tears though, just almost) and realize she is indeed growing up (I guess I was in denial). So, she headed to school this morning excited to tell everyone about her loose tooth and then when I picked her up from school today she just came over to me with a closed mouth smile and I knew what had happened. She then smiled big and opened up her hand and sure enough, there it was. She said she pulled it out in gym at the end of the day. So, to my pleasant surprise, that whole event just took two days and I figured I'd have to pull it out in the middle of the night because she would be scared. Kids are so unpredictable.

Now it's time to brag about my Alli. That girl only took about 2 days to be potty trained. I truly cannot believe it. I think it took Meredith 2 years (Just kidding, it just seemed like that). For those of you with second children I hope you have this experience. So, even though my little Alli is stubborn and strong willed she was a breeze to potty train. Hallelujah!!!!!!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

cute soccer pics, she looks like a little pro!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the missing tooth smile!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Cherish those times because they are just starting. They will both grow up too fast! Miss you bunches! Love you, Leisa