Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Addition to the Family!

First of all, I did want to mention that Meredith's soccer team is not and was not in trouble with the law. The pictured police officer in her picture below is their coach and was not there to arrest or write tickets. However, if the other team does play unfairly we can't promise them to be ticket or felony free. (just kidding, of course)



















Okay, now it's on to the exciting news. We adopted a little Wired Terrier mix dog from the Poteau Humane Society (I almost typed human, that would have been interesting). Let me tell you that life is good right now (except Michael is out of town). I managed to get both of the girls to sleep in their beds by themselves (with Alli this is a miracle) with the help of lullabies blasting on both of their CD players in their room (I guess it's a good thing a bathroom is in between their rooms otherwise the mix would have been interesting) and the dog is asleep in her crate! I tell you what, our one year old little Muffin (named by the humane society) has been so good today (knock on wood). She had one accident today but the rest of the time she's gone outside and actually enjoys staying outside and hanging out some. Since I had a little bitty yorkie a few years ago this was quite a shock because our yorkie would much prefer to stay inside. She even went into her wire crate without even barking or crying. All it took was a little push and that was it. For some reason she is hesitant to go through doors without coaxing or just picking her up and moving her but I'm sure she'll get through that little phobia in no time. She was picked up by animal control in Poteau a few weeks back so I don't know her history but she is so sweet and just loves the girls (Michael is still questionable since he's not here). Anyway, unless there are some major changes in the dog I would highly recommend this as a way to get a new dog. You can find tons and tons of adoptable dogs on http://www.petfinder.com/ and this is how we found Muffin. By the way, you are getting a sneak peak of Muffin's new Halloween fashion wear with her little collar with ghosts and stars and I might add that it does glow in the dark as well.

Now if I can just get my little Alli through the diarrhea stomach virus she had tonight. I guess I'll just enjoy the moment and take things as they come.

By the way, Happy Birthday Patty!!!! The inlaws and the husband are all together in St. Louis for an AC conference.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

she's a cutie, muffin! she'll clobber my little murphy, she looks big! can't wait to come see her in person.